Today opened beautifully, mostly cloudy and mild, but the weather report was not positive. Sure enough, it rained on our group for about three holes as we made the turn, but it stopped after that and we finished the round with no problems. The course is in fine shape, although some of the back nine fairways have been cored over the last week or so.
We had six members and one friend – Colin. Marc did not participate in the skins game. Skins is one of our favorite games because it keeps one engaged — even if one is not having the greatest round, all it takes is one (or two) holes to get you in the winner’s circle. So it was for Les, who won hole 10 for four skins, and hole 17 for five skins, despite having the second-lowest stableford score. Andrew said he was going to go to the driving range on Monday! Good luck, Andrew! Let us know how it goes. We may be right behind you!
- Closest to the Pins:
- Hole 3: Colin
- Hole 7: Graham
- Hole 12: Graham (beating Bruce G by about 1.5 feet)
- Hole 17: No one
- Winner: Graham (38 Points)
- Runner-Up: Bruce G (33 Points)
Santiburi Members and Friends
- Every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Please be at the course by 8.15am.
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Sunday 6 Aug: Waterford, 8:30 am. Contact Rob and let him know if you are coming.
- Tuesday 8 Aug: Waterford 8.30am.