The weather was not especially good today, but it was not bad enough to prevent us from playing. We had a light sprinkling of rain virtually the entire round, getting increasingly heavier as we finished, but never enough to require more than a temporary deployment of either the umbrella, the rain cover or both.
The course was fairly soft and the course was under cart-path-only status, so we played lift-clean-and-place in the fairway. We had seven players today: four Members and three Friends (Ross F. from Chiang Rai Golfers; Colin, and Andrew’s friend from Australia Garry). This was Colin’s last day until March, as he is returning to Japan to teach school.
Colin went out with a bang, including reeling off three straight birdies (holes 3-5), grabbing two of the four closest-to-the-pin prizes, and winning the most skins (6.5). Andrew had the best Stableford score (36 points) but still managed to lose money (-40 Baht). Both Marc and 5Points tied for the next-to-lowest Stableford score (29 points) but won multi-skin holes at critical moments (5Points won 4 skins on hole 12, and Marc won 5 skins on hole 18) to end up winning 100 Baht each.
Here are the results:
- Hole 3: Colin
- Hole 7: No one (Bruce G did the walk of shame)
- Hole 12: Bruce G x 2 (redeeming his walk of shame… it is rumored that Ross F did the walk of shame on 12.)
- Hole 17: Colin
- Winner: Andrew (36 Points)
- Runner-Up: Bruce G (34 Points)
Tony Gallagher Memorial Tournament
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 8:15 AM, Waterford Golf Course
Santiburi Members and Friends
- Every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Please be at the course by 8.15am.