Participation Statistics, January – November 2017:
Number of rounds played by Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Jan 1 – Nov 30, 2016 : 833
- Jan 1 – Nov 30, 2017 : 892
Another beautiful day at pristine Santiburi. We had six participants: five members and one friend, Ralph. We played our regular skins game from the blue tees, except for Raplh, who played from the white tees.
5Points, who is once again side-betting with Bruce G, lost to Bruce by one Stableford point. Hold that thought firmly in your mind.
Brian and Bruce G tied to win the Stableford prize, with 36 points each.
A highlight of the round is that Ralph won a closest-to-the-pin prize, his first ever. He was the closest on Hole #3. No one hit the green on Hole #7. Bruce G was the closest among his group on hole #12, but it was still quite a long way away. Both Brian and Egbert hit the green on #12, but they were farther away than Bruce G. 5Points hit a beautiful shot to within 15 feet, well within Bruce G’s shot. However, he did the Walk of Shame. Had he merely parred the hole, he would have won two skins for closest, tied Egbert for the hole, and tied with Bruce G and Brian for the best Stableford score, and tied Bruce G for their side bet. Who knew so much was riding on that 3-foot par putt? If he would have birdied it, even more skins and accolades would have been heaped at his feet.
As Graham say, “If me auntie had cojones” (I’m paraphrasing for a broad audience) “she’d be me uncle!”
Bruce G won closest on 17.
Graham, who won everything in sight last time, could only muster 26 points today, but he was still pleased to win a couple of skins anyway.
Here are the results:
- Winner and Runner-Up: Bruce G & Brian (36 points)
Closest to the Pins:
- Hole 3: Ralph
- Hole 7: No One
- Hole 12: Bruce G (x2)
- Hole 17: Bruce G
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM)
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Sunday, December 3, Happy City, 8.30am (Special price of 1400 baht including buggy, provided you show your Thai driver’s license). Contact Rob Parish on Line or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to play.
- Tuesday, December 5, Waterford 9am