The day dawned chilly, but by game time the air had warmed, and the weather was wonderful for golf, if a bit windy toward the end of the round. The winds of yesterday and today dried out the greens significantly, and they were fast as lightning. The course is in excellent condition.
We had seven participants today, all members. For a change (and since most the blue tees on the front were way back for some reason) we decided to play stroke play from the white tees (Young played from the red tees). We paid the top three net scores, 400/200/100, and we also added 10 baht per player for each par-3 for closest-to-the-pin prizes.
5Points was on his game today, playing 17 holes of good golf, and limping home on 18 with not enough damage done to rob him of the top prize. He shot a net 65. Second best was Paul, who shot a net 70. Bruce G took the third spot with a net 74.
Closest to the Pin
- Hole 3: Bruce G
- Hole 7: No One (Leo did the Walk of Shame)
- Hole 12: Leo (x2)
- Hole 17: John Park
|95||30||5Points – W||65||260|
|87||17||Paul – W||70||60|
|106||30||Young – R||76||-140|
|91||16||Leo – W||75||0|
|99||21||Graham – W||78||-140|
|80||6||Bruce G – W||74||30|
|83||8||John – W||75||-70|
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM)
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Boxing Day, Tuesday, December 26, Waterford, 8am
- Captain’s Cup, Tuesday, January 2, Waterford, 9am (Please advise if you want to play by emailing email@example.com)
- Tuesday, January 9, Waterford, 9am
- Tuesday, January 16, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 23, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 30, Waterford, 9am