It was very chilly on the first tee today (about 11 C). The course remains in good condition with the greens extremely fast. There were a lot of 3 putts as the ball has a tendency to break more when hit softer. We had 9 members including Doc who is back in Chiang Rai for about 4 months and 1 friend (Garry).
The stableford winner was Brian (37 pts) followed by Andrew (35 pts). Closest to the pins: #3 Young (19′), #7 — John P (17′), #12 — Garry (4′ and a birdie), #17 — not won. Andrew was the big money winner (255 baht) followed by John P and Brian (210 baht each).
Please note that some of us will be playing Christmas Day at the usual tee time (be at the course by 8:15 am). Commissioner Graham also reminded everyone to check the blog regularly for the next couple months as our tee times will not be the same every golf day during peak season.
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM) (Tee times may vary slightly during high season.)
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Boxing Day, Tuesday, December 26, Waterford, 8am
- Captain’s Cup, Tuesday, January 2, Waterford, 9am (Please advise if you want to play by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tuesday, January 9, Waterford, 9am
- Tuesday, January 16, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 23, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 30, Waterford, 9am