Despite the rain that fell all day yesterday and all night last night, the course remained in excellent condition. There was, surprisingly, no need for lift, clean and place, so we played the ball down.
Today we had eleven participants; nine members, and two friends: Garry (Andrew’s mate) and Pong, a Thai from Bangkok playing Santiburi for the first time. We played our regular skins game from the blue tees (Leo played from the white tees, and Young played from the red tees).
5Points dominated the action today, winning the stableford contest (42 points), getting a closest-to-the-pin prize for 2 skins, garnering the most skins (9.67), and winning the most money (813 baht). Paul came in second on the stableford with 35 points.
There were several Walks of Shame today, as the tees were back for most of the blue tees. Young did her walk on the 3rd hole (John won the closest prize). Leo did his walk on the 7th hole (no one else hit the 7th green). Peter tried to pretend he did no Walk of Shame, but witnesses attested that he did his on the 12th hole (Garry was closest for a brief happy period, until 5Points dropped his tee shot in closer). Peter redeemed himself on the 17th hole with a fine shot to eight feet, and made his par.
Here are the results:
- Winner: 5Points (42 Points)
- Runner-Up: Paul (35 Points)
Closest to the Pins:
- Hole 3: John P
- Hole 7: No One
- Hole 12: 5Points (x2)
- Hole 17: Peter
|34||104||Young – R||30||4.33||227|
|31||90||Leo – W||13||1.33||-103|
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM) (Tee times may vary slightly during high season.)
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Captain’s Cup, Tuesday, January 2, Waterford, 9am (Please advise if you want to play by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tuesday, January 9, Waterford, 9am
- Tuesday, January 16, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 23, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 30, Waterford, 9am