A cool, overcast day, perfect for golf. The course remains in excellent condition, although the greens seemed a little slower than usual.
Today we had twelve participants – ten members and two friends, Mickey and Dar. Les has returned after a short absence — welcome back, Les!
We played our regular skins game from the blue tees. Leo and Darryl played from the white tees, and Young and Dar played from the red tees.
Young had a banner day, winning the stableford competition (40 points), the most skins (5.50), and the most money (410 baht). Brian came in second on the stableford, skins, and money. The closest to the pins were spread out, with Leo taking hole #3, Darryl taking hole #7 (5Points did the walk of shame from 30 feet), Brian on hole #12, and Les on hole #17.
Many SMAF members took part in the Chiang Rai Golfers-sponsored Captain’s Cup on January 2nd at Waterford, including Bruce G, Leo, Andrew, Peter, and Brian, and well as friends Mickey and Dar. In all 29 players participated — it was well organized and all had a great time.
We have tentatively arranged our annual trip to Mae Moh golf course in Lampang. Mark your calendars for February 7 – 8! We will put out a spearate blog post when all the particulars are nailed down.
Here are the results:
- Winner: Young (40 points)
- Runner-Up: Brian (38 points)
Closest to the Pins:
- Hole #3: Leo
- Hole #7: Darryl (5Points did the Walk of Shame)
- Hole #12: Brian
- Hole #17: Les
|40||98||Young – R||30||5.50||410|
|26||96||Leo – W||14||1.00||-130|
|30||100||Dar – R||22||0.00||-250|
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Next SMAF Event: Saturday, January 6, 2018, 8:32 AM (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM latest)
- In general, every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM) (Tee times may vary slightly during high season.)
- To Be Announced: Annual trip to Mae Moh, Lampang: February 7 – 8, 2018 — details will be published soon!
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Tuesday, January 9, Waterford, 9am
- Tuesday, January 16, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 23, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 30, Waterford, 9am