It had rained during the night, and the day dawned heavily overcast. However, as tee time approached, the rains held off. As we began to tee off, the rains began, but they were intermittent throughout the day with nothing that necessitated actual play stoppage.
Today we had eleven members, including Doc (who did not play in the skins game) and Marc. We played our regular skins game from the blue tees (Darryl played white and Young played red).
It was deja vu all over again, as Young shot 40 stableford points to win the stableford competition, and Brian garnered 38 points for second place. Les won the most skins, most notably winning four skins on Hole 13 with a four-point par. Graham took three of the four closest-to-the-pin prizes, and Darryl took closest on Hole 17.
Here are the results:
- Winner: Young (40 Points)
- Runner-Up: Les (38 Points)
Closest to the Pins:
- Hole 3: Graham
- Hole 7: Graham
- Hole 12: Graham
- Hole 17: Darryl
|40||98||Young – R||30||4.17||167|
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Next SMAF Event: Monday, January 8, 2018, 8:48 AM (Please be at the course by 8:30 AM latest)
- In general, every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM) (Tee times may vary slightly during high season.)
- To Be Announced: Annual trip to Mae Moh, Lampang: February 7 – 8, 2018 — details will be published soon!
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Tuesday, January 9, Waterford, 9am
- Tuesday, January 16, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 23, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 30, Waterford, 9am