Omitted in error from last Monday’s report — Andrew is the latest member of the 5 Points Club with a birdie on the 6th hole. While on this subject, Brian got 5 points today on the 8th hole.
It was a lot warmer on the first tee today. The course wasn’t quite as busy and our groups of 3 got around in well under 4 hours. The blue tees were waaaay waaay back.
Today we had 8 members members including Doc and a Thai tag-along who did not participate in the skins game.
Brian with a 5 pointer and a 4 pointer won the stableford with 38 points. It appears the added yardage to the course didn’t affect him. Darryl playing off the whites had a great day winning ha-ha-ha baht. He kindly donated some of his earnings to the beer pool.
Closest to the pins:
- Hole 3: Darryl
- Hole 7: no one — Darryl did the Walk of Shame
- Hole 12: Darryl
- Hole 17: Darryl (nearly a hole in one) . Paul did the walk of shame in the group ahead of Darryl.
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Next SMAF Event: Saturday, Jan 20 — 8:32 AM (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM latest)
- In general, every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM) (Tee times may vary slightly during high season.)
- Don’t Forget to Sign Up!: Annual trip to Mae Moh, Lampang: February 7 – 8, 2018 — see the recent blog post with the information https://smafweb.wordpress.com/2018/01/07/road-trip/
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Tuesday, January 23, Waterford, 9.30am
- Tuesday, January 30, Waterford, 9am. Annual Trophy Tournament. To enter, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Their last tournament, the Captain’s Cup was both very well attended and very well organized. It is highly recommended that all Santiburi members support this community event and take part in this fun day.