Another beautiful late winter day at Santiburi, with clear, sunny, dry weather and moderate temps. The course is in fairly good condition, although the comparatively thin grass and the overwatering and oversanding has led us to play lift, clean and place in the fairways. The greens have recently been sanded, which made them very fast today.
We had eleven participants today, including Doc (who did not join in the skins): 10 members and one friend, Jesse (a long-time former Chiang Rai resident who is visiting from Pattaya). We played our normal skins game from the blue tees (Darryl played from the white tees, and Young played from the red tees).
Jesse and Brian dueled for the Stableford prize, leaving the rest of the field in their wake. Jesse was especially accurate on the par-3 holes, winning two of the four closest-to-the-pin prizes. Perennial dart-thrower Bruce G won one, and Brian won one too.
Here are the results:
- Winnner: Jesse (42 Points)
- Runner-Up: Brian (41 Points)
Closest to the Pins:
- Hole 3: Jesse
- Hole 7: Brian
- Hole 12: Bruce G
- Hole 17: Jesse
Santiburi Members and Friends
- Next SMAF Event: Thursday, Feb 1 — 8:48 AM (Please be at the course by 8:30 AM latest)
- In general, every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM) (Tee times may vary slightly during high season.)
- Don’t Forget to Sign Up!: Annual trip to Mae Moh, Lampang: February 7 – 8, 2018 — see the recent blog post with the information https://smafweb.wordpress.com/2018/01/07/road-trip/
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Tuesday, January 30, Waterford, 9 am. Annual Trophy Tournament.