A warm, cloudless day with temperatures up near 30 degrees celsius near the end of the round. The course is in great shape, except for several of the greens have been recently sanded, but that did not affect play at all.
We had eleven participants, including Doc (who did not join in the skins game), all members. We played our normal skins game from the blue tees (Darryl played from the white tees, and Young played from the red tees).
Egbert, Darryl, and Peter each shot an amazing 24 stableford points on the front nine. Darryl had three birdies on the front nine, and Peter also had two birdies. At one point (after six holes) Peter was one under par. However, only Egbert was able to sustain the pace, shooting 23 points on the back nine to win the stableford with 47 (47!!) points. Peter was second with 43 points.
The closest to the pin prizes were spread out – Peter, Darryl, Brian and Marc took one each. Ultimately, the prize money was also spread out, despite Egbert’s dominance. He had no four-pointers, just a very steady round of multiple three’s. Everyone’s scores were generally good, perhaps reflecting a sharpening of everyone’s game due to the tougher conditions at Mae Moh?
Here are the results:
- Winner: Egbert (47 Points)
- Runner-Up: Peter (43 Points)
Closest to the Pins:
- Hole 3: Peter
- Hole 7: Darryl:
- Hole 12: Brian
- Hole 17: Marc
|30||105||Young – R||27||2.00||-50|
|39||83||Darryl – W||14||4.00||150|
Santiburi Members and Friends
- Next SMAF Event: Monday, Feb 8 — 8:48 AM (Please be at the course by 8:30 AM latest)
- In general, every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM) (Tee times may vary slightly during high season.)
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Tuesday, February 13, Waterford, 9.10am
- Tuesday, February 20, Waterford, 9am
- Tuesday, February 27, Waterford, 9am