Another beautiful day in paradise, with sunny and warm weather. The course is in pretty good condition, but they are in the final stages of preparing for the upcoming pro tournament (late March), so there is plenty of work being done, most of which does not affect play.
We had eight participants, all members. We played our normal skins game from the blue tees (Egbert, Steve, and Darryl played from the white tees). Egbert (who scored 47 points from the blue tees only last week) managed less than half that from the white tees today, yet still went home a winner. Such is the game of skins. 5Points had a handicap-matching round of 36 points, yet won nothing.
Bruce G resumed his mastery of the par-3 holes, taking Hole 12 (for two skins) and hole 17 (after Andrew and Darryl did the Walk of Shame). Egbert got closest on Hole 3.
Bruce G, with 40 points, edged Andrew and Graham, who each scored 39 points. Bruce G also won the most money, taking home 430 baht (9 skins) – his closest rivals were Graham and Steve, who took home 70 baht each (4 skins).
Here are the results:
- Winner: Bruce G (40 Points)
- Runner(s)-Up: Andrew (39 Points) and Graham (39 Points)
Closest to the Pins:
- Hole 3: Egbert
- Hole 7: (No One)
- Hole 12: Bruce G (x2)
- Hole 17: Bruce G (Andrew and Darryl did the Walk of Shame)
|23||110||Egbert – W||25||3.50||30|
|29||109||Steve – W||30||4.00||70|
Santiburi Members and Friends
- Next SMAF Event: Saturday, Feb 17 — 8:32 AM (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM latest)
- In general, every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM tee-off (Please be at the course by 8:15 AM) (Tee times may vary slightly during high season.)
Chiang Rai Golfers
- Tuesday, February 20, Waterford, 9am
- Tuesday, February 27, Waterford, 9am — Bernie Memorial