A beautiful, nearly cloudless day – Maka Bucha Day – no beer on tap, but plenty of good golf. The course is looking very good, except for a couple of greens on the back nine which could be better as the pro tournament approaches. We had eight participants: seven members and one friend (Jesse). John Park returned after being away. We played our normal skins game from the blue tees (Leo played from the white tees).
Jesse cleaned up most of the closest-to-the-pin prizes, taking Hole 3 and 12 (for two skins after no one hit Hole 7). John Park hit the flag on 12, and his ball dropped to about 3 feet, but Jesse, never daunted, calmly put his ball one foot from the pin. Jesse also put it close on 17, but Graham was closer, and Leo closer still.
5Points posted 41 stableford points (including an eponymous 5-point birdie on Hole 4) to take the top Stableford prize. Leo, Egbert, and Bruce G each posted 38 stableford points to grudgingly share the runner-up prize. all players ended up north of 30 points.
Here are the results:
- Winner: 5Points (41 Points)
- Runner(s)-up: Leo, Egbert, and Bruce G (38 Points)
Closest to the pins:
- Hole 3: Jesse
- Hole 7: No One
- Hole 12: Jesse (x2)
- Hole 17: Leo
|38||85||Leo – W||15||4.83||137|
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Saturday, March 3, 2018, 8:32 AM (please be at the course by 8:15 AM)
- SMAF plays every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday at 8:30 AM. Please be at the course by 8:15 AM!
Chiang Rai Golfers:
- Tuesday, March 6, Waterford, 8.30am
- There will also be a group playing at Santiburi, at 8.30am on Tuesday (Mar 6), for those who want to take advantage of Santi’s new low-season prices of 1300 baht walking or 1900 baht with cart.
- Tuesday, March 13, Waterford, 8.30am
- Thursday, March 15, Happy City, 8.30am (All-up price is 1400 baht, including compulsory single cart).