A warm, sunny, beautiful day for golf. The course is in excellent condition and getting better.
Announcement: Effective immediately, Santiburi Members and Friends will play the ball “down”; that is, no more “lift, clean and place” in the fairways. As mentioned above, the course is in excellent condition, and there just is no reason to touch your ball, even if it gets a miniscule bit of dirt on it. Obviously, if there is a major weather event or abnormal ground conditions arise, we will modify the policy as needed, but the blanket “lift, clean and place” policy is hereby rescinded.
We had eight participants today, all members. We played our normal skins game from the blue tees (Leo and Steve played from the white tees).
Egbert posted 42 points to win the Stableford competition by one point over Graham and Andrew (41 points each). Egbert also won the most skins (7 skins for 310 baht). Brian came in second with 6 skins and 230 baht.
Bruce G got closest on 3 and 12 (times 2, since Andrew did the Walk of Shame on 7), and Brian got closest on 17.
Here are the results:
- Winner: Egbert (42 points)
- Runner(s)-Up: Graham (41 points); Andrew (41 points)
Closest to the pins:
- Hole 3: Bruce G
- Hole 7: No One (Andrew did the Walk of Shame)
- Hole 12: Bruce G (x2)
- Hole 17: Brian
|26||97||Leo – W||15||0.50||-210|
|34||106||Steve – W||32||1.00||-170|
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Monday, March 5, 2018, 8:32 AM (please be at the course by 8:15 AM)
- SMAF plays every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday at 8:30 AM. Please be at the course by 8:15 AM!
- Save the Date: Monday, March 26, 2018 — SMAF-Sponsored COMMUNITY CUP Tournament — The day after the Singha Masters Pro event concludes. More details to come!
Chiang Rai Golfers:
- Tuesday, March 6, Waterford, 8.30am — Tea Bag Tournament
- Tuesday, March 13, Waterford, 8.30am
- Thursday, March 15, Happy City, 8.30am (All-up price is 1400 baht, including compulsory single cart).