Santiburi got hammered by a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon, with high winds, hail and rain. The course survived nearly unscathed, except for several trees either uprooted or shorn of major branches (mainly trees between Holes 4 and 5). The greens team were out early and apart from a few rough areas with leaves and dead branches, the effects of the storm did not affect play at all.
We had nine participants today, all members. We played our regular skins game from the blue tees (Young played from the red tees). Bruce G put on a clinic, shooting a gross one-over round (44 Stableford points), prompting calls for the Fairness Specialist to sharpen his pencil. You just can’t win without someone wanting to rain on your parade! Egbert came in second with 40 Points, and he won the most skins (6 skins, netting 290 Baht). Bruce G came in second on skins, with 5 Skins and net 200 Baht.
No one hit the 3rd green, but Paul did the Walk of Shame on Hole 7, leaving the door open for Brian, who took two skins for his closest. Graham did the Walk of Shame on Hole 12, and again Brian walked in to take the prize. Young put one close on 17, and no one else could best her.
Here are the results:
- Winner: Bruce G (44 Points)
- Runner-Up (Egbert (40 Points)
Closest to the Pins:
- Hole 3: No One
- Hole 7: Brian (x2) (Paul did the Walk of Shame)
- Hole 12: Brian (Graham did the Walk of Shame)
- Hole 17: Young
Santiburi Members and Friends:
- Monday, February 26, 2018, 8:40 AM (please be at the course by 8:25 AM)
- In general, SMAF plays every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday at 8:30 AM. Please be at the course by 8:15 AM!
Chiang Rai Golfers:
- Tuesday, February 27, BERNIE MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT, Waterford, 9am — Please be at the course by 8.30am. To enter email email@example.com. A draw will be posted at the weekend.